Microsoft Excel for Mac, a spreadsheet application from Microsoft, is the most advanced and popular application in this category. It lets you save your Workbooks in XLS and XLSX file formats. The most recent version of this application is Excel for Mac 2011. However, sometimes when you try to open the previously saved files in 2011, the file does not open and shows corruption errors. At this point in time, you need Mac Excel repair solutions to access the data stored in the file.
You can face the following error message while opening a corrupted or inaccessible Excel for Mac 2011 file:
“Excel cannot open this file.
The file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.”
The file does not open after the above error message and all your significant data is lost. In order to extract the data from damaged XLSX file, you need to recover Excel filesMac using advanced recovery tools.
This problem may take place if any of the following conditions are true:
· The Excel file that you are trying to open is in a format that Excel does not understand. You might have accidentally changed the file format.
· The File is too damaged to be read by the application and thus it can not open the file.
Try the following methods to gain access to the affected Excel file:
· Change the file extension of the file to XLSX and open the file again.
· Use Open and Repair option to repair the file before opening it.
· Restore the damaged file from most updated backup.If none of these things work for you, the last resort is to use specialized recovery tools to repair and restore the damaged file. Such applications help you repair and restore the corrupted files in all corruption cases, with easy and maximum security.