File corruption is a very frequent problem with most of the computer users. It may happen with any files, including Microsoft Excel for Mac spreadsheet on Mac OS X computer. In most cases of corruption, file becomes totally inaccessible and unusable. This behavior of a file can put you in need of Mac Excel recovery solutions.
In order to properly understand this severe problem with your Microsoft Excel for Mac file, consider the below mentioned scenarios:
· Files are damaged and you encounter error message while opening them.
· When you try to save the file on your hard drive, sometimes the changes are saved and sometimes they are lost.
· Excel automatically creates random file names, such as “2766576”, on your root folder and these files are not accessible.
· Sometimes the file opens on other Mac OS X computer, however sometimes it is too damaged to open. The recovery attempts of Microsoft Excel fail to fix the file.
In such cases, you have to opt for Mac Excel repair solutions to repair and restore the damaged file.
The problem usually occurs due to the below reasons:
· Excel files are not designed to be shared over a network and edited simultaneously by several users. Improper editing of the file may cause corruption.
· Viruses or other malicious programs have infected the file. Such odd behavior of the file usually caused by the infection.
To deal with this problem, you have to sort out the issue using following steps:
1. Try saving the file locally and opening it. If network is causing the problem, saving the file locally should fix it.
2. If problem is due to virus infection, scan the whole file using advanced anti-virus applications. They remove the infection and repair the file.
3. Problem can be due to software issues as well. Reinstall Microsoft Office for Mac application suite to sort out any such problem.If you still face the issue, use third-party recovery applications to extract inaccessible data from the Excel for Mac file. They work like a charm and handle all corruption issues effectively.