Microsoft Excel for Mac is an extremely useful and popular spreadsheet application for both home as well as professional computer users. It provides a wide range of features that help you do complex calculation easily and represent your precious data effectively. However, there are some situations where you may find that the Excel spreadsheets are inaccessible due to memory errors. It may lead to corruption and put you in need of Mac Excel repair solutions.
Consider the following scenarios that Excel for Mac users may face while opening a spreadsheet, previously created and saved on your hard drive:
- When you attempt to start the Excel for Mac application, it refuses to open the file.
- Excel gives you the following error message and the spreadsheet does not open:“There is not enough memory or disk space to complete the operation.”
After the above error message, your significant data becomes totally inaccessible and you have to recover Excel files Mac using advanced recovery techniques.
Grounds of the issue:
You may face this problem due to corrupt Microsoft Office for Mac installation. The problem may also occur due to system software configuration issues.
Try out the below steps to sort out this issue:
- Run Microsoft Excel for Mac in Safe Boot to see if the problem is fixed.
- Repair the Mac OS X hard drive permissions to fix disk related problems.
- Create a new user account and run the application on the new account.
- Remove Microsoft Office for Mac and Microsoft Excel for Mac preferences.
- Remove the existing installation of Mac Excel application and install it again.